Knowledgebase: General Hosting
How do I configure Outlook Express?
Posted by - NA - on 13 January 2011 09:41 PM
To Set up a new email account with Microsoft Outlook Express:
1. Start Outlook Express
2. Choose Tools...
3. Choose Accounts...
4. Click add mail account and click OK
5. The wizard will then take you through several steps:
* Display Name - Type in the name you wish your recipients to see (usually your real name)
* E-mail Address - Type in your accounts email address (e.g. email@example.com)
* Incoming mail (POP3) - mail.yourdomain.com (where yourdomain.com is replaced by your own unique domain name)
* Outgoing mail (SMTP) - Use your own ISP's SMTP address
* Account name: Your e-mail account username (usually the email address in full)
* Account password: Your e-mail account password
* Click Finish
6. Congratulations! You should now be able to send and receive email using your new domain through Microsoft Outlook or Outlook Express.