Deleting all the emails from your mailbox
Posted by - NA - on 13 January 2011 09:41 PM
Occassionally, you may want to delete ALL the emails in your mailbox. This may occur if you've mistakenly left all your email on the server, or perhaps have suddenly received a lot of spam mail - the result being that the volume of email has used up your entire diskspace quota.|
To do this, follow these instructions:
1) login to CPanel.
2) Click on File Manager
3) Click on the folder icon to the left of "mail"
4) Click on the folder icon next to the mail account in question. Eg: if you are clearing out email for firstname.lastname@example.org then click the folder to the right of ".email@example.com"
5) Click on the word "cur" to select it and view it's options
6) At the top right of the screen, you'll see some options
7) Click the "Delete this folder and all files under it" option. This will send the folder "cur" along with all the files under it to the Trash.
8) Repeat stages 5,6 and 7 for the "new" and "tmp" folders
9) At the bottom right side of your screen click on the "Trash" to empty it.
Your account is now completely empty of all emails.
Please note that do clear out the email from your "default account", look for the folders "cur", "new" and "tmp" in the "mail" folder (ie: you don't need to enter a specific users folder), and empty them in the same was as described above.