Configure Outlook Express to send and receive email
Posted by - NA - on 13 January 2011 09:41 PM
Configure Microsoft Outlook Express to use (send and receive) email hosted with NSDesign - Follow the instructions below.|
1. Click on the tools menu then accounts
2. Click Add on the right side at the top and select mail
3. Display Name: Your Name
4. Click Next
5. E-mail Address: email@example.com
6. Click Next
7. My incoming mail server is a POP3 server.
8. Incoming mail server (POP3): yourdomain.com
9. Outgoing mail server (SMTP): yourdomain.com
10. Click Next
11. Acount Name: firstname.lastname@example.org; If you are setting up for your Main Account you would use your hosting account username.
12. Password: This will be the password you set for the email address when you set it up in your hosting account control panel.
13. Check Remember password if you don't want to enter your password each time.
14. DO NOT CHECK "Log on using Secure Password Authentication (SPA)"
15. Click Next then Finish
16. Click on the account you just created then click Properties
17. Click the Servers tab
18. CHECK "My server requires authentication" at the bottom
19. Click the Advanced tab
20. Under Server Port Numbers Incoming server (POP3): 110
21. Under Server Port Numbers Outgoing server (SMTP): 25; If your ISP blocks access to port 25 you can also use port 26.
22. Optional - CHECK "Leave a copy message on the server.
24. Click OK to close that window.
25. Click Close to close the final window.
Be aware that certain versions of outlook may be slightly different, but the main settings as described above should be input.
We also have the following online help videos that you may find useful.
Creating an email account in Outlook Express
Creating an email account in Outlook 2003