What we need to diagnose any email problem
Posted by - NA - on 13 January 2011 09:41 PM
If you are having any problems with an email account, we would kindly ask that you do not simply submit a helpdesk ticket with "my email is broken", but instead, help us properly diagnose the issue by providing the following detailed information:|
- Please provide the email box (or boxes) that have the problem.
- Please verify if the problem is sending only, receiving only, or both.
- If mail is bouncing back to the sender, please ensure you have recent bounce/failure messages we may view, or cut and paste the complete email headers.
- Please include the login and password being used to access the email account.
- Please include the method (or methods) you have attempted to access the email account with and all relevant settings. Such as: webmail, outlook, Thunderbird etc.
- By relevant settings we mean all settings used in the software you have attempted to connect with, including: mail server address (incoming and outgoing), incoming port, outgoing port, security options, all user selectable fields in the software in question. The more details you can provide, the better the chances of quickly identifying your problem
- Please verify if you have attempted to send AND receive messages using the webmail system, and the results of doing so.
- Please make sure before submitting any requests to check any mail server function that your domain IS AVAILABLE ONLINE, NOT EXPIRED, AND RESOLVES TO OUR SERVERS! Failure to have a properly resolving domain to our servers is the most common reason for email issues!
Customers please note that further detailed help relating to setting up email accounts, or viewing email headers is available in the "Online Tutorials" section of our Customer SUpport Centre.